The Covington County Miss Hospitality program is seeking contestants for the 2018 title of Covington County’s Miss Hospitality. Requirements for the local program include:
• Be a resident of Mississippi – parent or guardian must also be a resident of Mississippi
• Represent her hometown and/or county, not the city where she attends college.
• Not currently hold a title that would interfere with duties of Miss Hospitality.
• Be a high school graduate, never married, have no children and be age 18 and not over 24 by Wednesday, July 18, 2018 of the pageant week.
• Have a 2.5 scholastic average for the last completed semester. A transcript is required upon registration for the state pageant.
• Must be present at the coronation ceremony for Mississippi Miss Hospitality and participate in events scheduled for the period July 15-21, 2018.
• If attending an out of state university and wins the state pageant, you must enroll immediately in a university in Mississippi.
• Participate in the Okatoma Festival on Saturday, May 5, 2018.
The entry fee is $20. Local Miss Hospitality contestants will have a seven minute personal interview with a panel of three out-of-town judges and present a 90-second speech in front of the judges and guests on “How would you promote our state to a visitor?” The dress is Sunday dress or a suit. Contestant applications and entry fees must be turned in to the chamber office by Thursday, March 15 at 5 p.m.
The state Miss Hospitality pageant will be held July 20-21, 2018. Applications are available at the Chamber of Commerce office located on First Street South. For additional information call 601-765-6012.